Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Digs!!

Everyone that thinks this is my last time to move, raise your hand.  Well, this IS my last time to move.  Really, it is.  We have found a new home in Oklahoma.  We take possession on May 1st and will probably move in shortly after.  I really cannot wait.  It is the perfect home for us.  A bit bigger than what we are sardined into right now, but not as big as what we have rambled around in, in the past.  Just perfect!  Here's a photo:


Can't you just picture me sitting in that chair on the front porch?  That is where I'll sit and talk, and watch a hawk making lazy circles in the sky, ooooooooooooh (those were lyrics from the musical Oklahoma) (in case you didn't catch it).

It looks like it is out in the middle of nowhere, doesn't it?  That's because it is.  Bill and I took a drive up there this past week and drove around to check out banks, dry cleaners, and other places to carry out our business.  It looks like we are going to be those folks that take a monthly trip into "town".  Not much around there and people apparently don't have their clothes drycleaned.  The closest grocery store is a Piggly Wiggly, if that tells you anything.  That's okay though because we are at the "middle of nowhere" time of our lives.  If that sounded pathetic I didn't mean for it to.  We are just ready to relax and be anti-social recluses if we feel like it.  And when we don't?  We can head to "town".

What it is ... is the perfect place for CAMP GRANDMA.  Can you imagine all of the little cousins gathering together one week every summer to play splashy water games, do arts and crafts, and learn silly "grandma" songs?  Criteria for CAMP GRANDMA:
  • You must be potty trained.  (This is very important when you have 9 and soon to be 10 grandchildren under the age of SIX).
Anyway, it puts me smack dab in the middle of my new biz.  I have been spending a lot of time traveling the highways and byways of Oklahoma while visiting gift and scrapbook stores.  Probably more byways than highways.  Although there are a lot of turnpikes and toll roads in Oklahoma.  They have names like The Indian Nation turnpike and Chickasha turnpike.  I like the whole Indian vibe. 

So if you happen to be in the Tulsa area and happen across a house that looks like this one, drop in and say "hey".  Because that's what people do that shop at the Piggly Wiggly!

2 comments:

  1. What town are you going to be living in? I have family in Oklahoma and I am very familiar with the Indian Nation Turnpike. It really is a nice place to live. I grew up in Broken Arrow, just outside of Tulsa. Your new house looks beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!

    Both Cherie (Scrappers Boutique) and Cindy (Paper Crown) had lovely things to say about you when I saw them both last!

    Fantastic things are happening for you! Hooray!

    LOOOOOVE the Camp Grandma idea! So cool!

    ReplyDelete