Friday, February 4, 2011

Grandma Love!!

Dearer than our children are the children of our children.
                                           - Egyptian proverb


It is so hard to believe that I have added another grandbaby to my brood.  So here's a list of all of my grandbabies in order of age:
  • Jacob  (age 5)
  • Ella   (age 5)
  • Lucy   (age 5)
  • Jaxson  (5 on Wednesday! - Happy Birthday Jaxson)
  • Jerrin   (age 4)
  • Amelie  (4 next month)
  • Mason  (age 3)
  • Morrison  (3 next month)
  • Landon   (NEW! 10 days old tomorrow!)
And we have another one due in late Spring!!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a grandmother.  I never thought that grandmotherhood would arrive as early as it has .... but here I am with nearly TEN grandchildren.

And so I dedicate this poem by Jack Prelutsky to all the grandmother's of the world (and believe me I've felt this way before with all these grandchildren under 6 years old!):

Hurry Grandma hurry,
Grandma look at me,
I'm right side up, I'm upside down,
I'm swinging from a tree.
I'm jumping like a squirrel,
I think that I can fly -
Grandma please don't worry,
Grandma please don't cry.

Hurry Grandma hurry,
see what I can do,
I'm roller-skating backwards
across the avenue.
Here's a luscious little bug,
I think I'll take a bite -
Grandma stop your screaming,
everything's all right.

Hurry Grandma hurry,
Grandma watch me please,
I'm climbing up a ladder,
I'm dangling by my knees.
I found this giant spider
that was stuck in globs of paint,
Grandma take a closer look -
whatever made you faint?

1 comment:

  1. Precious! Congrats on your new bundle of love. I am looking forward to our weekend of scrapping!

    ReplyDelete