Sunday, January 2, 2011

Meet Freaky Harold



His given name is Harold.  I added the adjective myself.  Rather self-explanatory, right?  You are not seeing things, one of his eyes glows red.  Not just in photographic situations either.  Sometimes he'll peer at you from around a corner and that freaky eye glows an eery red.  I'm sure it has everything to do with the light catching it just right - but he still freaks me out.



Other freaky things about Freaky Harold:
  • He has one blue eye and one brown eye.  This is, in itself, very freaky because you can't tell where the pupil stops and the color starts in the BROWN eye, but it is very evident in the BLUE eye, making one eye look larger than the other.
  • Harold can dance around on his hind legs for a freaky amount of time.
  • He makes this strange warbly, cooey pigeon sound. (Which he does randomly in the middle of the night).  Freaky, I tell you.
  • Harold can balance on his front legs.  He literally supports his body weight on his front feet!  I really want to cultivate this talent further as I'm sure he has a future on a segment of David Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks. 
  • He also snorts like a pig.  I think this is because his face is so flat his sinus passages are all crunched up.  And the walls really rattle when he snores.
Anyway ... Mick (our eleven-year-old Australian Shepherd) tolerates him.  Mick snarls at his puppy antics but always welcomes a good snuggle.


I'm very worried this glowing red eye business might be contagious, however.  This is the picture I took of my grand daughter at her recent Christmas program.  Yikes!





At least she doesn't walk on her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment