Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT year.  Just something I'm feeling in my bones.  I need a good year - I'm DUE a good year - and what better way to encourage such greatness than to start a blog.  I've been tossing this around for awhile.  Actually I've been resisting the idea for awhile but decided it a great way to share my passions with anyone interested.  And how did I ring in this new year??  With my favorite past time - scrapbooking.  Here is what I created last night while watching the new year festivities in NYC (and worrying that my adult children were out on the road with the crazies!).


Photos of two of my sweet grandsons - Jaxson and Morrison.  (If you click on it, it gets big.)  I love to do layouts from sketches and while this wasn't from a sketch, I did hijack the layout from here (thank you Sarah Milne!).  I modified it a bit to work with my photos.  Did a bit of doodling ... but kept the main idea.  Fun interpretation, I'd say, and who doesn't love a classic Van Halen lyric??

Okay ... so this is a start, eh?  Now if I can figure out how to make some snazzy title for the blog rather than the pre-fab, Times New Roman version that comes with the blog template we'll be in big business!

No comments:

Post a Comment